“Discord is a U.S.-based VOIP, instant messaging and digital distribution platform designed to build community.”
This one is the definition that we find on Wikipedia. That makes the idea of the purpose that Discord proposes: to create a community, that is, to allow people to interact with each other in an agile, immediate, and straightforward way.
Those familiar with Discord know how simple it is to post an image or a small video to show how to achieve a particular result or do a certain thing. Many questions find on Discord an immediate answer more than on Forums and Social networks.
I became familiar with Discord when I joined the server dedicated to the Black Dragon viewer. It is a server that I suggest to all those who use this very effective viewer for photography in Second Life. Every day dozens of people interact with each other and help each other solve problems or difficulties they encounter using Black Dragon. The creator of the viewer himself, Niran, is easily reachable on Discord and available to clarify.
I’ve often heard people ask if there was a dedicated server in Second Life, precisely because of the simplicity and immediacy with which you can share content and reach people. I was tired of looking for someone else’s server; I decided to create one dedicated to Second Life and all the main themes that concern it.
You can join the server by clicking here: https://discord.com/invite/qHbZqYx7DM
If you are unfamiliar with Discord, here are some simple steps to understand how to join an existing server.
How to join a Discord Server
To join a server that doesn’t require an invite link, simply select the search icon in the left sidebar and select a server or search for one using a name or keyword.
1. Open Discord and log into your account, if needed.
2. Click the plus icon in the left sidebar.
3. Select “Join a server.”
4. Paste in the invite link and hit “Join.”
Source: Business Insider
What you can do on Second Life Discord Server
- Post your events, of whatever kind they are;
- Share your images, blog posts, etc;
- Ask something you need to know simply posting in the relevant section;
- Make new friends, chat privately. You can also video call them or join a vocal chat;
- Share your opinions, idea, projects, and much more;
- Promote your shop, marketplace, or inworld store;
- Have fun!
Second Life Discord Server → join now